Tuesday, January 1, 2013

BEHIND THE WINDOW


Grace smiled and then rolled her eyes as she looked through her window at the dark shadowy figures of the night.
She hadn’t always lived behind the window, at one time in her life she thought of herself as a Southern Bella. She had long blonde hair, blue eyes, and dimples that appeared like crescent moons every time she smiled.
Her fondest memories were of the tea parties she played with her mother. They would put on big Southern Bella hats, cover her little play table with a linen cloth and set out her tiny cups. Grace could still hear the laughs of her mother as they sat across from each other sipping pretend tea.
“Shall I pour you another cup of tea Gracie dear?”
Grace would hold out her yellow plastic cup for her mother and smile.
Those playtimes with her mother came to a sudden halt when a car accident took the lives of her mother and father. At twelve years of age she was sent to live with her uncle. The sexual abuse began shortly thereafter until she moved out.
Grace slid into the world of drugs as a way to cope with her pain. Her best friends were named ecstasy, cocaine, and LSD stopped by every now and then. I needed a way to pay for my drugs so I would sell my body to cover my debts. Most of the time I didn’t even know the time of day nor did I care. I lived my live by a formula of supply and demand. I needed a supply of drugs and there was a demand for my body.
I have given up drug use for the most part but I still belong to the red light district. I sit behind a window clad in revealing lingerie with several other women. We have a table covered in red linen, an ashtray, and coffee cups. Sometimes I look across the table and I see my mother sitting across from me in her big southern bell hat smiling.
“Gracie dear, can I pour you a little more tea?”
“Why did you leave me mom? I’m so lost without you. I hate my life!”
I’m brought back to reality when he yells.
“Grace, you have a customer!”
Shortly I’m back looking out my window at the dark shadowy figures of the night. Most pass by with their heads down; others stop to gawk, a few walk in to apply the trade. Can’t anyone hear the cries of my heart? Can’t anyone see my pain behind the window? Anyone?”
There are thousands like Grace who stand behind the window, forsaken, forgotten, and helpless. They thirst for life changing water, someone who can look through the window and see their pain; more than anything they need Jesus.

There is an organization that looks through the window and offers hope by using one hundred percent of their donations to transform squandered lives back to the author of love. They would greatly appreciate your support in reaching out to the hurting women and children of this world. To find out more about their ministry click the link below.


 http://wellspringinternational.org/








  

No comments: